Here's a list of some of my favorite movie scenes:
1. The conversation in "Babette's Feast" where the soldier
tells the old maid sister that ultimately god knows how she would have lived her life if she had had the chance to be free
of her commitments to her family and marry him.
2. The part of "Wild Strawberries" where the old professor remembers the passions and loves he had as a young man
while he watches two hitch-hikers fighting over abstract concepts of god.
3. When Marilyn Monroe as "Cherry" puts on Beau's coat at the end of the "Bus Stop". She manages to show her total
love, commitment, acceptance of him and her own redemption in under one minute...
4. The last performance of the concubine and his/her love at the end of "Farwell My Concubine" I have tears in my eyes
now just writing about this!
5. Betty Davis acting as the "GREAT MISUNDERSTOOD ACTRESS!" in just about any scene in "All About Eve".
6. Mia Farrow as the cigarette girl who the hit man brings home to meet his mom before he takes her out to kill her in
7. The "I Sing The Body Electric" in "FAME".
8. Shirley Maclean running throught the hospital screaming "... it's time for her shot! IT'S TIME FOR HER SHOT" and banging
on the nurses station in "Terms Of Endearment"
9. Sally Field standing on the table with the union sign in "Norma Rey" you can see everthing in her face.
10. John Hurt and Anne Bancroft meeting in his room in "The Elephant Man".